CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Love Notes

Well, I'm not the world's greatest at letter writing.  That said I've got a husband who's away a lot, so sometimes we have to get creative about things.  A letter over and over can start to get a little boring. (I normally solve this problem by chatting and emailing online and forgetting to send real letters!  Oops! Can I blame that on my pregnant brain?)  I'll share a few of the things I did last time and that I've done for holidays. 

One of my favorite things that I've done was a puzzle letter.  I think it was a Super Mario puzzle (which is funny considering since we got a Wii, my husband has rediscovered and become re-obsessed with Mario!) and I put it together. Then I carefully turned it over and wrote a quick letter in Sharpie on the back.  You have to write fairly big for the words to be read-able.  It was probably something like "Dear Hubs, I love you and hope you're enjoying yourself. I miss you!" That's really all there was room for, since it's easiest to do it with on of those 25 piece kids puzzles.  Unless you REALLY like puzzles and so does the person you're sending it to.  Then go all out! Once you've got your letter written, take the puzzle apart, put it back in the box, and send it to whoever it is you're sending it to.  You could send it to a child or grandchild for Valentine's Day with their favorite character on the front. 

I also love notes made out out of edible items. (Okay, my husband likes them because he LOVES candy.) There's the ever-popular poster out of candy bars.  For Valentine's last year, I made one out of conversation hearts.  You have to use glue on the candies for that one, so be sure to give the recipient a little box of their own conversation hearts to actually eat.

Well, maybe with this post, I'll be able to start looking forward to Valentine's Day and being able to send my hubby something new and unique.

0 comments:

Post a Comment