CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween!

You know, as much as I love Christmas, I think that Halloween is definitely my "most wonderful time of the year." What other holiday has kids using their imagination as much as Halloween? Which holiday makes us think and create more than Halloween? I don't think there is one. Sure, Christmas has presents, but Halloween has magic, fantasy and fun! So we've been getting in the Halloween spirit this week at our house. It took us a while longer than I would've liked, but who knows where all the decorations got put when Hubby emptied the garage? So I made my own. I asked my sweet dad to cut a 2x4 that I had lying around in the garage for me. Then I used leftover paint and a "Boo" sign I got at JoAnn's for $1 and made this:

I also made this ghost and mummy set that I've seen all over the blogosphere lately. So fun and easy! I wish I could've found my camera to take pictures while my kids and I were making these. At one point (while I was mod-podgeing...if that's a word) I heard Bubs say to Chubs, "No, don't paint yourself!" and looked up to see him with paint on his nose and cheek! He looked a little like a kitty cat. Pretty cute!

Anyway, today I also tried to work on finishing Halloween costumes. Bubs is going to be Princess Presto (from the PBS kids show, SuperWhy!) and Chubs will be SuperWhy! Baldy will probably be Alpha Pig, also from SuperWhy! unless it's really cold, in which case, we're hoping he still fits into the pumpkin costume that we were given for Chubs but never fit him. So here's the reversible cape I made for Chubs today. I printed the logos onto iron-on paper for the capes, so it was way easy! I love how it turned out. Chubs isn't so sure about the SuperMan side since he's never really seen SuperMan. He actually asked me to take it off, but it was a little late. I got a yard of each fabric, and had enough for two capes, so I may be making another one!

(P.S. Sorry about the formatting at the beginning. I cut and pasted and something happened. Any suggestions?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment