CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 23, 2009

My recent project

So I decided to go ahead and make a present for my mother-in-law. (So, if you’re reading, Tina…skip this post!) Anyway, I’d seen this eyeglass holder online, but it was way more than I wanted to spend, especially when my dad has taught me how to make jewelry. I know, I know, it’s a little weird that it’s my dad, but I also have an uncle who quilts. Our men are just very secure in their masculinity! :) Well, I decided to bite the bullet and make it myself, sans help from Dad! I don’t know that I’ve ever really done anything without his help before (jewelry-wise), so I was really excited that it turned out well! Here it is: IMG_1070

The idea is that she can put the earpiece of her reading glasses through the washer. For now, the washer is plain, but I figured once I gave it to her, I would give her the option of leaving it or me stamping it (which will be another first…maybe I’ll have to make myself one first, to practice!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment