CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 10

I realized after I turned off my computer last night that I hadn't posted!  Oops! But considering it's only 6 a.m. where I'm at, I'm not willing to call it Tuesday yet since I'm normally still sleeping. (HORRIBLE night with ALL of the kiddos. Yuck!)

It was a very productive day for me. I was super excited about it. I mentioned earlier that I was chosen to be a pattern tester for an adorable little baby girl's dress. Well, I got half of it done today!  I got the pattern cut out Sunday night and then on Monday, I got the fabric cut out (except for the sash, which I just realized!) and got it more than halfway done. It's turning out SO cute and tiny! Considering my only girl is 6 1/2, it's been a really long time since I've sewn anything so itty bitty for a girl. And I'm not sure I've really done it for a boy because they're a little tougher to find projects for in the first place. I've been enjoying sewing more again lately, and hope that I can keep it up. I feel like it actually does save money, especially when I buy the fabric on sale. For example, this dress will cost me less than $10 when all is said and done!  I didn't have to pay for the pattern, since I'm testing it, plus I found the satin on sale for $2.99 a yard at Hobby Lobby last week! The thread was only $2.79 and then I got 5 buttons (of which, I'll only use 3) for $.62 at Walmart yesterday.  So grand total there is $9.39! This dress would cost a LOT more than that if I were to buy it! Hopefully I'll be able to get it done today and post pictures of it with my Day 11 progress report! I'll at least get it done by tonight since it's my ward's Terrific Tuesday (our yearly craft day for my church unit) and I didn't sign up to make any of their projects. I figure I'll just take my own project to work on. That also means that I'll be able to show the dress to my friend who's letting me borrow her little girl for the pictures that I need to take of it. And I'll definitely be completely done with this before the Hubs's birthday so I'll be able to relax and hang out with him all day on Thursday! Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment