CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 14

Sorry I took yesterday off. It was the Hubby's birthday and I took the day off to spend it with him. We went to the temple in the morning. (To learn a little more about the temple, check out Denton Sanatorium's post today. While you're there, check out all of her posts from this week. It was a GREAT series!)  Then we grabbed some lunch at Subway after picking up Chubs. It was great. We enjoyed having the whole day to spend together and I'm glad I took the opportunity. Especially since he has to work on my birthday next month. (Despite the fact that it's a Saturday! Yuck!)

Today I bought new fabric for the dress that I now need to redo, thanks to my little mishap.  I couldn't find the butter colored satin until after I was at the cutting table. I ended up going with an icy blue color. It's absolutely gorgeous and will be SO pretty on my 6 1/2 year old. I got enough for the 12 month dress AND a size 8. It's $2.99 a yard at Hobby Lobby (which I think is a great price anyway!) and I had a 40% off coupon!  I got enough buttons for both dresses, plus the thread and fabric and it was just under $16. It was SUCH a good deal!  $8 for each dress is fantastic and I'm SO excited to get them done! My sister's here this weekend while the Hubs is at drill this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of the 12 month dress done before she has to leave Sunday afternoon. The fabric is currently being pre-washed. I don't pre-wash fabrics that I'm going to be making pajamas with or low-use items, but when it's going to be washed repeatedly and worn by kids (out of the house), I take the time. It's worth it in that case.  I'm excited about the dress on my daughter and I'm hoping that my niece's eyes are still blue enough that the blue dress will bring them out even more. (She had blue eyes, but all of her sisters' have turned brown, so I wasn't holding out hope. We'll see how she looks at Christmas, when she's about 9 months.) I'm hoping this dress will go better than the last one!  In the meantime, I got almost all of the pictures printed out for my Family Memory game that I'm giving to all of my in-laws' kids, so I still feel pretty accomplished. I hope that keeps up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment