CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3: Accountability

Well, today was not a good day. Chubs decided that, despite the fact that he's 5 and in Kindergarten and SHOULD be able to act like a big boy not a baby, he was going to scream at me most of the time that he was home. Add that to Chubby Bubby not wanting to sleep for ANYTHING, and I was on edge all day. Oh, yeah. One of my kids decided to balance a GLASS cup in the fridge precariously this morning and it broke when I opened the fridge. And the Bubby just puked on my foot. Yup, he's got reflux and we're trying to deal with it and it's not going well. Add all of that together and I ate.  A lot. Okay, not A LOT, but way more than I should have. Oh, and I put a pie in the oven for dessert knowing full well that none of my kids will touch it and it's going to be my husband and me eating a whole pie just the two of us. And it was picture day and was supposed to rain so there was no walking going on to or from school. In fact, I had to call a friend to pick up the oldest from school because that happened to be the time that Bubby FINALLY decided to sleep. So today was not a great start to everything. But the beauty of all of this is that I can pick up and start over again tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. I'll have to remember that there are better ways to deal with stress than to eat. I've been following along with another blogger in her 31 days as she's talked about her weight loss goals.  I love that today she talked about remembering to pray in your weight loss journey. I remember the last time I tried to lose weight. I found through that that when I remembered to pray and read my scriptures and do all of those things that you learn as a young child, I actually lost weight. I need to get back into those habits and I think that will help a lot. Unfortunately for me, this might involve waking up early. I mean, really, who wants to do that? Not me! But if it'll help, it's what I need to do.

Now, lest you think that today was a total waste for me, Chubby Bubby was caught standing up in his crib for the first time today. Unfortunately, he was screaming, so I didn't snap a picture, but I did find the pictures of Baldy the first time he stood in his crib, and he was 3 1/2 weeks older than Bubby is. This could be interesting with him doing everything earlier than his brother who WALKED at 10 1/2 months! Yikes! Oh, and I got a Nook Color today!  I'm excited to play with it some more and learn more about it. It was an awesome deal and I was pretty proud of myself for scoring it, so I'm in love so far. And, just as importantly, my kids loved it enough that they sat and played with it quietly long enough for me to cook dinner. THAT's what I call a good investment! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment