CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 2: My eating plan

Well, yesterday was my intro to the "series" (for lack of a better word. If this actually turns into a series, I might start feeling like a REAL blogger! ;) )  and I said that I'd go into more detail on my eating plan. Basically I'm going back to the gestational diabetes diet that I did while I was pregnant with the Chubby Bubby.  To break it down to its most basic, I was allowed 30 grams of carbohydrates for breakfast, morning snack, afternoon snack and evening snack. (Yes, I had to eat SIX times a day!  Which is harder than you would think.) For lunch and dinner, I got 30-45 grams of carbs.  I actually had to explain this to a friend today since she was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I should've just directed her here! ;)

Anyway, I am weird and actually like eating the same foods over and over. I rarely get bored with a meal (unless it's one that I have to push myself to eat the first time), so I have a pretty good routine with the food. The trick is to keep myself from eating the extra carbs that I find myself craving now that I don't have a little baby depending on me to stay healthy.  I know that my 4 kids all need me healthy, and that's why I'm trying hard now, but when I'm the only source of nutrition for a baby, it's just so EASY to stick to it! I knew that if I didn't follow the rules, he was going to have problems when he was born, and that was all the incentive I needed.

Anywho...yes, I get sidetracked easily. I love having croissant breakfast sandwiches every morning. I get the Great Value brand at Walmart and they're exactly 30 grams of carbs. They're also less than $1 a sandwich, so I don't feel like I'm spending TOO much on them. I like eating Fiber One bars for one of my snacks. They're pretty close to 25 grams (which was still within the threshold that I was supposed to be in) once you count the fiber. My other snack is normally a sugar-free pudding cup. I know, that's a bit of a splurge, since it's about $4 for 12 cups of pudding, but for me it's worth it. I know that if I don't have a pre-measured serving that I won't be able to stop myself from eating it all. The best thing is to have two graham crackers with it. That makes it equal almost exactly 30 carbs. For lunch, I like to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I use sugar free raspberry jam. A tuna fish sandwich is also good when I'm in the mood for that.  Then I try to eat just a smaller portion of whatever I've made my family for dinner. That's normally where I have a hard time though. It's really hard for me to just eat a small portion, since I normally make things that I enjoy eating.  I'm working on it, though, and hopefully I'll be able to make some progress in this area this month.  I'm really crossing my fingers on this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment